Seasons of the Moon

Volume 13 Issue 3
Beltane 2016

Seasons of the Moon is a quarterly online magazine published by students and members of The Order of The White Moon, an eclectic international order of women dedicated to The Goddess. The Order provides personal empowerment and priestess training, and operates local groups. All contributions are original material submitted by our students and members. (We do not accept outside contributions.) Please direct comments and questions to the Ezine Editor.

Seasons Of The Moon Editor and Council:
Ajna DreamsAwake
Kerritwyn Ceannaire, Moonwater Chalcedony Ashwood, Sea Dragon, Etain Feohwynn, Mystic Amazon, Maeve Cliodhna MoonBird

Beltane 2016

Contents

Holy Days

Walpurgisnacht

Festivals like the Walpurgisnacht, which occurs on May eve, were originally fertility rites, like the pagan festival of Beltane, when nature was honored. The Walpurgis Night has been a ime for love rituals celebrated since ancient days.

A ritual for two in love

Seek out a nice, secluded spot in the woods. You may wish to bring blankets or skins to make it cozy. Call Diana, the goddess of the hunt, into you. Invoke her strength and power until you feel her presence... and then you will hunt ‐ not animal but the man! Or you may choose instead to be with yourself. Invoke the goddess and her power within you, feel her energy and then be playful with yourself ‐ relish those lustful energies. This is magic, the most beautiful magic in the world.

This union is not only a purely physical one, you are paying homage not only to yourself, but to nature, and all the gods and spirits who mean well, with you.

As a woman, you may chose to dedicate this festival to yourself. Nourish your life, give it power. Celebrate your being a woman, give yourself totally to yourself. Become aware that the earth survives with and through you.

Our children need the transmission of life. The world needs you, and by you connecting and melting with Mother Earth and with the goddess, you feed the children, the Earth, and yourself.

Your ideas and plans are worth living ‐ share them with others. May is the month of growth, of the prosperity of flowering and of celebration.

A Walpurgis charm to achieve what you want!

On Walpurgis Night (30th April) dig up a flower or onion bulb of your choice.

This bulb symbolizes a desire which you want to develop into reality. Hold the bulb for a while in every direction, starting in the east, then facing south, west and north.

Thank the Goddess for listening to you and for the love she has given. Now think hard on what you want to achieve and how it will be if your wish has come true. Then put the bulb back into the earth and water the plant. Take a stone that is nearby or a piece of the ground. Place it in a small bag (red would be ideal) and carry it with you. The spell will make itself felt in the coming months.

© M)0(rrigan, 2015

My name is M)0(rrigan. I am a Priestess of Morrigan and practice Shamanism, Runes, Tarot and Usui Reiki.  I am a sister in the  Sacred Three Goddess School.

Goddess Work

Journey with Pachamama

You have walked far through the jungle to reach this place. You have sensed a presence near you for some time, just out of sight, watching you. You have faced your fears and now you emerge from the dark jungle onto a mountain top plateau bathed in bright sunshine.

Below you are the ruins of an ancient city, Machu Picchu. You walk down the trail to an ancient aqueduct. Water has flowed from these stones for millennia. You cup your hands and drink the cold, refreshing spring water. You find your strength renewed as your fatigue vanishes. In the distance, you notice a large stone monument. You are drawn to the stone and walk toward it. You find it rests on a rock base and you sit down with your back to the stone and close your eyes. You feel movement coming from the stone. You lean into the stone, enjoying the vibration that moves up your spine and out the top of your head.

You sense a shadow pass over the warm sunlight and you open your eyes. A large black dot traverses the sun, gently wafting down in a slow spiral. You watch in wonder as a giant condor circles down ever closer toward the earth. As it touches the ground in front of you, it transforms into a Woman. She is tall with wild dark hair, a cloak of condor feathers about Her shoulders. Tufts of white llama wool at Her wrists and ankles and Her skirt is of finest woven alpaca wool. Her beautiful ample breasts are bare on Her dark skin. A Puma walks at Her side, watching you. The Woman smiles and a name comes to you, "Pachamama."

"This is my Stone" She says, indicating the large monument behind you. "Are you prepared for an adventure?" You nod and She encourages you to turn and place your palms upon the Pachamama stone. You immediately sense the vibration emanating from the sacred stone and find your body humming along. "This is the song of the Spheres, the sound of the universe, OHM . . ."

You resonate with the sound, adding your voice to the sacred OHM. You chant until you feel your entire being vibrating with the stone. Pachamama asks you to place your forehead against the sun-warmed stone. As your third eye contacts the stone, you are surprised by the intense electric jolt that passes through you. You sense your visionary eye awakening.

You turn to face Pachamama and She opens Her arms to embrace you. As She enfolds Her mighty wings about you, you sense gravity pull away. Pachamama has taken flight with You in Her arms. You gaze in wonder at the ancient city of Machu Picchu, far below you now, as you soar higher above the Andean mountains. From up here the mountains look like the back of a spiny dragon. "This is Who I Am" She whispers. You continue to fly higher into the sky and as you look behind you, you see the Earth as a sparkling Blue-Green Jewel. "This is Who I Am" She laughs. You fly out past the planets and stars to the farthest corners of the Universe. "This is Who I Am!" she shouts.

She takes you back to the beginning of time and space; you are a midwife to Pachamama as She births the universe into existence. "This is Who I Am!" she screams. You follow the births and deaths of the stars and planets and catch glimpses of your own past and future lives, being born and dying and being reborn. You turn to look at Pachamama and see Her eyes are your eyes; Her face is your face. "This is Who I Am" you whisper.

You find yourself back at the Pachamama stone. You find a gift for Pachamama in your hands. You leave it on the Stone platform. You find that She has left you a gift. You pick it up and hold it to your heart.

"This is Who I Am"

© Ajna DreamsAwake

Ajna DreamsAwake is a High Priestess and founder of Dark Moon's Heart School.  Her personal journey of self-discovery continues as she supports and guides women along their own healing paths.

Working with Mermaids and Ocean Deities

You will need:
1 White Candle for Spirit
1 Blue or Green Candle for Water/Ocean Deities
Seashells, anything to do with lakes, rivers, oceans.
Decorate your altar with blue, green and white. Pictures or statues of mermaids/undines, Yemaya, sea creatures.
Yemaya oil, or any oil that reminds you of the sea.
A soothing incense, if desired.

Call your Circle. Ask in the Higher Powers, the four Elements, your guides and guardians, and the guardians of North, South, East and West. Carve the blue or green candle with a symbol for water, or a seashell. Then oil your candles. Light your candles, and then center yourself. Then say this invocation Three Times. (It is long, so make sure you have a glass of water to sip from).

The Calling of the Mermaids (Invocation)

Mermaids, Mermaids
Soft and sleek,
And often found
In sea or creek;
It is your wisdom
That I seek.

Beauteous Liban,
Lorelei of the Rhine,
Ancient treasures
Help me find;
Gold and jewels
In the brine.

Hippocampus,
Neptune's horse
Carry me
On the waves
That crash against
The shores.

Nereids ride dolphins
With Amphitrite,
Chanting magic spells
Day and night;
For beauty, balance
And the Light.

Melusine, half‐serpent maid
Please come swimming
To my aid;
To manage money
With felicity,
It is this I ask of thee.

Teach me water magicks
Please,
To see the future,
Heal, control weather
On the seas;
Opening my third eye
With ease.

Mermaids, Mermaids
Charming and sleek,
Often found
In sea or creek;
Your magickal wisdom
I do seek.

Now, go sit or lie down in a comfortable place, we are going to do a visualization journey. After that, we will open the Circle.

The Ocean Journey

You are standing on a beach next to the ocean. A mermaid or ocean goddess comes up to you. She puts an amulet around your neck, and tells you it is for protection in any ocean or body of water. You will be able to communicate with sea creatures, deities & sea/water elementals both on this plane and the Astral. This amulet will be there whenever you want or need it.

Then she gives you some sort of fish, right into your hands. You see other sea animals and creatures around, and you pick one or two of them. Then you spend time talking with her telling her about your life, what your dreams and needs are. She listens sympathetically.

After you have spent enough time with her, you go into the ocean. There are sea animals and other mermaids and undines in there. You can either swim around on your own, or ride on a seahorse, dolphin, large turtle, or hippocampus (large fairy seahorse). You will have a wonderful time. When you get out, you are wearing Hawaiian clothes and flowers in your hair (all wet, of course)! You sit on the beach and eat with the mermaids, nereids and animals. Then when you are ready, you slowly count to ten and wake up.

When you wake up, you will say this thank-you to the Water Elementals. Say this one three times as well:

"Mermaids, mermaids
In the sea...

Gifts, blessings
And protection
I ask of thee;
And as I will,
So mote it be.

Teach us how
To honor thee...
Oh,
Thank you mermaids,
And blessed be!"

Then open your Circle and thank the Higher Powers, guides and guardians that you have asked to be with you. Then go to the door, open it and visualize blessings from the Sea deities coming into being. Then say, "So Mote it Be!"

© June 27, 2008
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Amazon)

The Calling of the Mermaids
© June 26, 2008
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Amazon)

Mystic Amazon is a High Priestess of the Order of the White Moon and an Ordained Minister, currently teaching at Sisters of the Rising Moon School. Her hobbies include writing, folk art, folk magick, Reiki, and reading.

Healing Work

Reiki for the Longevity of You & Your Pets

Pets are not just our animals they are our Family, so keeping our "fur babies" alive and healthy forever would be perfect and Reiki can help with that! Now we all know that no one lives forever not even our beloved four legged partners but if they are able and willing to stay with us as long as possible, Why not? I am a Reiki Master Teacher and I use Reiki Energy daily for everything from my houseplants, my checkbooks and everything in between! Love and devotion for your pets is a good foundation, however, if you add Reiki Healing to the mix, then you'll have a formula for longevity for both you and your animals.

Reiki translates from Japanese, literally as "Universal Life Energy" (aka Prana, Chi, Ki). Have you ever considered channeling that Life Force to your sweet animals? My sweet Boy Bernie is 16 years old and still getting around on his own and can still wag his tail when he sees me. As a Lab Mix he is little stiff at times and he hates the cold, but Bernie is living proof that Reiki works and I have no doubts! And my beautiful Golden Shelby will also have the benefits of Reiki for all of her days too!

Animals have a system of Chakra (Energy) Centers like we do and like us humans, they too can experience blockages which can cause imbalances. Research suggest that animals have 8 Major Chakras, up to 21 minor Chakras and 6 smaller Chakras known as Buds (http://naturalchakrahealing.com/animal-chakras.html). There are many ways to activate and clear each of the animal Chakra systems. For instance, the healing powers of water can activate and balance an animal's Sacral Chakra, bathing or spending quiet time near water is an easy way to accomplish this. The colors and the functions of the animal Chakra Centers are very similar to our own right down to the color and crystals associated with each center. dog chakras

Here are some very easy steps to apply Reiki to your animal whether you are a Reiki Practitioner, Reiki Master Teacher or just a loving fur baby parent! First quiet your mind and silently say to yourself, "I set aside my personal Will and Ego to become an open Channel for Universal Life Force". Sit or stand quietly while you let that loving source fill your being. Breathing in deeply Chi or Prana, breathing out stress. Rub your hands briskly together to activate your Chi Ball between your hands moving them further and further away from each other as the Energy grows. When you feel sufficiently at one with Universal Life Force calmly approach your animal and place one Hand over the Crown Chakra (7th) and one hand over the animal's Heart Chakra (4th). Rest your hands gently on these Chakra Centers until you feel led to move to the next two and so on until all Energy Centers have been cleared. Usually animals love this process of receiving Reiki as it is a very calming and loving exchange between pet and owner or anyone really!

I have found that since I started using Reiki daily in my life that the Reiki Energy gently restores balance and promotes healing for both me and my pets. Reiki, when used alongside traditional means of care, can bring about profound changes over the long run and will gently and lovingly preserve the longevity of you and your pets!

© Sherry, the Mystical Goddess

Sherry ∽ The Mystical Goddess is a Level I Student of Sisters of The Rising Moon, a Usui & Sekhem-Seichim Reiki Master Teacher, an Artist, Massage Therapist & Instructor, Writer, Realtor, and Intuitive and Mystic. For More information about Becoming a Reiki Practitioner or How to Balance Chakra Centers contact Sherry at www.themysticalgoddess.com

Sacred Sites

Machu Picchu

In the Cuzco region of Peru, 2.4 km (8000 feet) above sea level, lie the ruins of Machu Picchu. Machu meaning ancient and picchu is peak. The mountain that appears in most of the classical views of the site is named Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain). These mountain peaks hold the spiritual force of Pacha Mama and the stones emanate the energy of the Divine Feminine. Local mythology states that the ancient deities still live in the mountains around the area and their presence can felt by visitors to the site. As Karen Tate notes, the area is "steeped in Earth mysteries relating to geomancy, theosophy, astronomy, archaeology, and altered states of consciousness".

The self‐contained city was built approximately 2000 years ago, and is comprised of terraced gardens, fountains and natural springs, as well as more than 200 buildings, including temples and houses. At its height, it was home to 1000 people. Although its original purpose is unclear, it most likely served as a summer retreat for the monarchy, fortress, a ceremonial site and an observatory. The mountain top sanctuary fell into disuse and was abandoned abruptly around1570, about forty years after the Spanish conquistadors arrived in the area. Due to its remote location, hidden from view, it was spared the fate that befell other Incan sites.

One of the buildings is thought to be an Aqllawasi or House of Chosen Women, a sanctuary for the training of priestesses or for women of the nobility. Just as the emperor was viewed to be the embodiment of Inti, the Sun god, the empress was considered to be the earthly embodiment of Mama Quilla (the Moon). Mama Quilla was often more prominent then the Inti because she controlled the tides, seasons, cycles and menstruation. Her temple is set far apart from the main city, along a pathway down Huaynu Picchu. Her sacred animal is the Bear.

The main temple was dedicated to the Sun and from there, a series of steps, resembling a snake, led up to the main plaza and the Intiwatana stone (Hitching Post of the Sun). The large flat area surrounding the Intiwatana was where ceremonies were carried out.

Intihuatana stones were oriented to mark celestial events, most notably the solstices and equinoxes, as well as the postition of the Pleiades and other constellations. These stones were sacred to the Inca people and most were sought out and destroyed by the Spaniards. When the stones were broken, it was believed that the local deities departed. The Spaniards never located Machu Picchu, and so the Intihuatana stone and its resident spirits remain in their original position.

Another popular temple was dedicated to the Condor god (Apu Kuntur) and is one of the most fascinating temples at the site. A natural rock formation appears to be shaped like an Andean condor with out‐stretched wings. Another temple, dedicated to the Puma god, contains a natural stone altar shaped like the animal. Both animals, along with the serpent, are symbols of the Goddess Pacha Mama.

Pachamama presides over planting and harvesting, mountains and earthquakes. Her shrines are caves and rocks, or the boles trees. Pacha Mama stones can be found across Peru. The massive one at Machu Picchu is 6 metres (20 feet) long and 3 meters (10 feet) high). To touch the stone is to connect with the Divine Feminine.

Pachamama is similar to Mother Nature but She is not only the Earth, She is the Divine Feminine and the Cosmic Mother. Pacha is an archaic Quechua word meaning universe, world, time and space. She is the Goddess of all, who exists everywhere, eternally. The descendants of the Inca continue to honour Her with daily rituals and annual festivals.

Today, Machu Picchu is a Historic National Sanctuary, protected by the Peruvian Government, to conserve the geological formations and archaeological remains, as well as the fragile flora and fauna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachamama
http://www.machupicchu.org/religious_significance_in_machu_picchu.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu
Sacred Places of Goddess: 108 Destinations. Karen Tate

© Ajna DreamsAwake

Ajna DreamsAwake is a High Priestess and founder of Dark Moon's Heart School.  Her personal journey of self-discovery continues as she supports and guides women along their own healing paths.

Reviews

Toronto Spring Psychic Fair 2016

Held in the beautifully spacious Queen Elizabeth Building at Toronto's Exhibition Place on the shores of Lake Ontario, the Toronto Spring Psychic Fair (from April 22 to 24) was an amazing buzz of energy all weekend! Guests were delighted at the wide variety of services and items for sale. In fact, the only complaint that I heard all weekend was the lack of variety of food at the event itself.

Over 100 vendors, psychics, and mediums were present including: Ask Jewelee (from Niagara Falls), the Spooky Crew (representing Paranormal Hamilton), Scott Williamson (Medium, from Hamilton), Moonflower's Metaphysical Store & Healing Centre (from Stouffville), Roro's Glass Art & Crystal Skulls (from Port Burwell), Henna by Hailey (from Caledon East), Stone Haven Healing (www.stonehavenhealing.com), Patricia Brown (Medium, from Central Ontario), Healing Waters Spiritual Consultations (www.healingwaterssc.wix.com/mysite), and the wonderful dancing fingers of The Massage Lady!

If you're in Toronto Ontario during the end of April, this is definitely an event to check out! Make sure that you come on the Friday afternoon, pay for your attendance bracelet, and then return as often as you like all weekend long in order to get the most out of the experience!

Moonwater Chalcedony Ashwood is the Founder and Teacher of the Phoenix Rising Goddess School, she is a High Priestess with the Order of the White Moon, as well as being an ordained multi-denominational minister. A writer by trade, she is also a gifted Reiki Master andTeacher, psychic medium and empath. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Honours History with a Minor in Anthropology from the University of Waterloo. It was during her studies there that she was formally introduced to paganism and Wicca, finally enabling her to put a name to the beliefs she had held her entire life. A Hedge Witch and Eclectic Pagan, she tends to work far more with the Goddess than the masculine aspect of the Divine.

OWM Awareness

Happenings in The Order of the White Moon

Our OWM students have been steadily progressing in their lessons and spiritual practice.

I'd like to extend my personal welcome to all of our new students! We're all so happy that you're with us!

If you're not an OWM student and you'd like to learn more about the Order of the White Moon, the schools offering Traditional White Moon Studies, or browse the Goddess Gallery, we welcome you to learn about us!

May the Peaceful, Compassionate and Healing Presence of the Goddess be with you now and always.

HP Ka Wahine Ahi is the President of the Board of Directors and the Head of the Order. She teaches White Moon lessons to women in the school that she founded, The Sisters of the Rising Moon School of the Feminine Divine.

Follow us on Twitter at @OrderWhiteMoon for regular updates on Seasons of the Moon, the Weekly Tarot Zodiac and other OWM public outreach programs. OWM's public Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/orderwhitemoon. Visit and like us!

The Bardic Soul: Poetry and Song for the Spirit

Dance!

Link to listen and download:
https://soundcloud.com/mysticalstrings/dance

Refrain 1:
Dance, get up and dance!
Move your body joyfully and prance!
Feel your body lighten and your mind freed at last
As you dance, get up and dance!

1. Move and sway in crescent moon shapes,
Figure‐eights, and circles too.
Back and forth and side to side,
Harmony surrounding you.

Refrain 1:

2. Lift your arms in joy and blessing,
Offer up your voice to speak.
Spread your hands and raise your power.
What you've given, you receive.
So

Refrain 2:
Dance, come on and dance!
Move your body joyfully and prance!
Feel your spirit open and your energy enhance
As you dance, come on and dance!

3. Stomp your feet with good intentions
Manifest, so mote it be.
You are love and light and laughter.
In yourself is all you seek.
So

Refrain 1 & 2:

© Crystal Spiritweaver

Crystal is a Level 1 student in The Sacred Three school. Music has always been important to her and is a joyful expression of her spiritual path.

Attack of the Cloud Warriors

I hid, trembling in the darkness
Watching demon cloud warriors amass,
Chanting fiercely and shaking their weapons.

I tried to press myself against the trees
So they would not see me
The moon was barely showing
But their weapons dripped blood.

Some wore elephant tusks
Linked with gold, around their necks
And their teeth were long and pointed.

I saw them looking at my village
Large and quiet, sleeping in the night.
Who would save us? What could I do?
Only a woman, with no magick powers.

They were fierce giants with many arms,
And each one had a bloody weapon.
I moved closer to the trees,
Pressing myself against them in terror.

As I moved, so did the clouds move
And the sliver of moon shone on my bracelet...
Passed down among village women.

Carved with our sacred and secret symbols
Symbols to call the Goddess Durga!
I held my arm out to catch the moon rays,
Even at the cost of demon notice.

My bracelet glowed until it was like fire
Strong shining as the sun
Then in a fiery glow, appeared Holy Durga;

Ten arms she had with ten sacred weapons
And her beauty stunned them silent.
"You have called upon me, Sister,
With the symbols on your bracelet!"

She blew upon the clouds and watched
As the demon warriors fell to Earth,
Stunned and surprised, shaking the ground.

Her lion roared, and woke my village
Men with weapons
And our women too, taking courage
Came to fight the fierce cloud warriors.

Durga had no need of our earthly warriors
But she welcomed us all
As we destroyed those who came against us.

So, too, with Her help
We shall conquer any inner demons that come,
Trying to destroy our minds and bodies!
Thank you, Mother Goddess.

Aum
Aing Hring Kleeng
Chamundaye Vichchaye
Aum

© Copyright January 19, 2008
Beth Clare Johnson
(Mystic Amazon)

Mystic Amazon is a High Priestess of the Order of the White Moon and an Ordained Minister, currently teaching at Sisters of the Rising Moon School. Her hobbies include writing, folk art, folk magick, Reiki, and reading.

Earth Chant

We are part of the Earth,
And She is a part of us.
We are linked together
In the spiral dance of life!

Earth around us, Earth among us, Earth within us!

Not living upon the Earth,
But part of Her we are.
We are joined together
In the joyous dance of life!

© Peace Whitehorse, Earth Day 2014

Goddess Love

Silver moonbeams shining down,
Goddess-shadows on the ground!
Shining down for all to see,
Shines for you and shines for me.
No matter we are not the same,
Not in looks and not in name.
She cares not for our different ways,
But gives us love for all our days.
She, the example we should heed,
The way to be in word and deed.
Shade of skin, be dark or fair,
Shape of eye or color of hair
Matter not a whit to She
Who holds the way that we should be.
We are not perfect, we may fail,
But keep on trying to prevail.
Many a culture and tradition,
But each of us should have the mission
To love each other pure and true.
As She shows us, we should do.
Share love with every living thing.
Skin, fin, fur or feathered wing.
And keep on loving, though we fall.
May the Goddess smile upon us all.

© Peace Whitehorse, January 19, 2014

I Believe in Magick

I believe in Magick, it decorates my life!
It takes away the Mundane and all its stress and strife.
I bathe in Magick moonbeams each and every day,
And sprinkle Magick fairie dust along my happy way.

I believe in Magick, it's with me every night.
And every day, in every way, it makes my heart's delight!
Makes wiggly my body, all my fingers and my toes,
Makes happy and glad my earthly heart and ticklies up my nose!

I take Magick with me, everywhere I go,
It talks to me and walks with me in Sunshine and in Snow.
I never leave my home alone, never go without it,
And when I can I love to jump up and down and shout it!

Spreading Magick rainbows all along my walk,
And sprinkling Magick tongue-drops every time I talk,
Some people think I'm crazy, and maybe they are right,
But I believe in Magick, in Darkness and in Light!

© Peace Whitehorse, March16, 2014

Peace Whitehorse is a graduate of The Sacred Three Goddess School and a High Priestess in the Order of the White Moon.  She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and her Shetland sheepdogs, and is active in Sheltie Rescue.

Beltane

Gather Round the Maypole Friends
Twist and Turn and Back Again
Dancing, Laughing, Joyful Glee
Now pair off lovers, Secretly

In Love's embrace
The Goddess Grace
The May Queen and Consort Lay
Entangled Limbs on this Sweet Day

Gather Round the Maypole Friends
Twist and Turn and Back Again
The Lovers Rest in Quiet Heaps
In Fall the Bountiful Harvest Reaps

© Ajna DreamsAwake, 2008

The articles featured in Seasons of the Moon are written and/or submitted by members of the Order of the White Moon and are their own intellectual property. Please feel free to share this publication but do give credit where credit is due and link back to the source.

Thank you for reading, we hope that you have enjoyed it just as much as we have enjoyed presenting it to you.

Many blessings to you and yours,
Seasons of The Moon Staff

Get Seasons of the Moon via email! Join the Seasons of the Moon group.

Seasons of the Moon Home